Prema Life is committed to supporting health professionals and producing better health outcomes to the benefit of patients and the natural health industry overall. The following policy provides guidelines for the sale of Prema Life’s brands Natura Prescriptus Medicina (NPM), Sunray Health, Sunray Compounding and BioResearch.
General Conditions of Supply
- Only qualified health professionals may recommend and sell Prema Life products. You must be a Qualified Healthcare Professional consistent with Section 42AA of the Therapeutic Goods Act or a member of one of our recognized associations. Qualified Healthcare Professionals must have current membership in a government accredited professional association. (See definitions)
- Prema Life products may be supplied to final year health professional students for educational purposes. The student must be able to demonstrate they are in their final year of study or have commenced clinical training.
- Prema Life may use its discretion to withhold supply of products if this policy is not adhered to.
Products can only be dispensed:
- After a consultation, as defined by the relevant professional association, with a Qualified Healthcare Professional and/or
- On the sighting of a valid script (see definitions) issued by a Qualified Healthcare Professional.
- Within a non-clinic setting, products must not be accessible for self-selection by the public and must be dispensed by a qualified health professional.
Requirements for dispensing online
- Prema Life products are “Practitioner Only” and must be prescribed to patients under the care of the Qualified Healthcare Professional following a consultation. The format of the consultation is at the discretion of the Qualified Healthcare Professional supplying the products but should be maintained according to professional standards set out by the Ethics and Code of Practice (or similar rules of conduct) to which the Qualified Healthcare Practitioner is ethically bound.
- A private section of the website must be set up which the public cannot access without a login, which must only be permitted to customers who have had a consultation with a healthcare professional.
- The Sunray Compounding range is to be sold only to Qualified Healthcare Professionals for the purpose of the administration to an individual patient in response to an identified need.
A Healthcare Professional is described as a person who belongs to the professions or associations described in Section 42AA of the Therapeutic Goods Act. Prema Life approved modalities include:
- Homeopathic practitioners
- Traditional Chinese
- Medicine practitioners
- Medical practitioner
- Purchasing Officers in Hospitals
For a full list of professional associations please go to tga.gov.au
AHPRA accredited National Boards plus Professional Associations identified in Schedule 1 of the Therapeutic Goods Regulations 1990
A valid script should contain:
- Clinic name, location and contact details
- Prescribing practitioner name, location and contact details
- Date of issue
- Patient’s name and contact details
- All products to be used by the patient
- Dosage and directions for each individual product
- Number of repeats, if any, by individual product
- Signed by the issuing practitioner